What is CAMINAMADRID?
CAMINAMADRID aims to bring closer and to spread the knowledge on architecture, urban planning, landscape and art. To achieve those goals CAMINAMADRID offers tours, visits, walks and travels guided by architects, engineers, urban planners and historians in both urban and rural areas with an outstanding cultural heritage.
These proposals cover different historical times and any kind of cultural interest assets (from buildings to paintings) to allow to show a wide range of tendencies, the keys of the artistic styles represented on each place and the urban transformations happened through the years up to the actual cities.
It goes into details about the visited cultural items, their origins, their own characteristics, historical facts, old owners, and how deep have they contributed to the city we can see today.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LIST AND DESCRIPTION OF EACH ACTIVITY
List of activities:
ARCHITECTURE and URBAN PLANNING in MADRID
- BAROQUE I
- BAROQUE II
- MADRID - WEST-EAST AXIS: From the walls to the Prado
- GRAN VÍA I
- CASTELLANA Av.: From Castelar circus to Colón square
- MADRID ORIGINS: Around Royal Palace
- JERÓNIMOS" QUARTER
LANDSCAPE, PARKS AND GARDENS in MADRID:
- BOTANICAL GARDEN
- “CAPRICHO” HISTORICAL GARDEN and ARCHITECTURES
- “FUENTE DEL BERRO” former MANSION PARK
- “LOS MOLINOS” MANSION GARDENS, ORCHARDS and PARK
- “SABATINI and CAMPO del MORO” ROYAL GARDENS
- “RETIRO” PARK, GARDENS and ARCHITECTURE. Part 1
- “RETIRO” PARK, GARDENS and ARCHITECTURE. Part 2
- “MADRID RIO LINEAR PARK"
- “TORREARIAS" PARK and ARCHITECTURE.
MUSEUMS and EXHIBITIONS in MADRID:
- PRADO MUSEUM – Goya paintings selection
- PRADO MUSEUM – Velázquez paintings selection
- PRADO MUSEUM – Italian paintings selection
- “LÁZARO GALDIANO” MUSEUM – Masterpieces of museum selection
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL NATIONAL MUSEUM (MAN) – Selection of pieces up to Medieval times
- REINA SOFÍA -Collection #1- MUSEUM – Spanish Avantgards
OUT of MADRID (Journeys):
- PRE-ROMANESQUE of ASTURIAS (3,5 days.)
- ROMANESQUE of PALENCIA (3 days.)
- RENAISSANCE of CASTILE/LA MANCHA (2 days)
- ARCHITECTURE and URBAN PLANNING of ROME/ITALY. (4 days.)
- 3 CULTURE'S CITY of ÁGREDA and SURROUNDINGS” (2,5 days.)
- BOLIVIA (15 días.)